Everything we do starts with our culture. In fact, this commitment to create dental practices where talented people love to work is built into our name. Workwell Management exists to enable our team to work well. . . and live well.
Many dental service organizations are so focused on numbers that they forget the people are the heart and soul of their organization. At Workwell, we do things differently. We start by hiring excellent people who happen to be talented practitioners. We want people who care, treat others with respect and do the right thing. Then, we support them and give them the equipment and training necessary to consistently create amazing dental experiences for our patients. This process creates positive word-of-mouth throughout both the professional and patient communities, and it empowers our growth.
Utilizing this commitment to a positive culture as the foundation, our objective is to build the leading dental service organization in New England. As discussed, this strategy starts with the best people, and it extends to other very important elements of our overall strategy.
- Expand periodontal treatment programs at our practices. With about 50% of all adult patients suffering from some form of periodontal disease, this is one of the biggest growth opportunities at nearly every dental practice. Led by Dr. Kevin Guze and his passion to teach others how to diagnose and treat periodontal disease, our practices capitalize on this trend, improve patient outcomes and expand revenue.
- Integrate Multi-Specialty Care. Like our commitment to expanded periodontal treatment programs, there is a significant opportunity to directly integrate other specialties into our practices. This process enhances the patient experience by reducing the need for costly and inconvenient referrals to outside specialists, and it enables us to capture some of this revenue. In fact, the average dental practice refers out more than $200,000 in dental treatment every year. We will not do this.
- Build on our 100 years of chairside experience. Our core leadership team is comprised of dentists who love to practice dentistry. We have developed many successful practices, and the lessons learned are integrated into everything we do. Most importantly, we are able to share this knowledge and practical experience with our new Associate Dentists. This opportunity to learn helps us attract some of the best and brightest.
- Gain access to dental professionals. Through our strong relationships with all of the leading dental schools in New England, we can directly connect with new graduates looking to join a winning team. The reputation of our leadership team is impeccable, and our commitment to continual development and learning makes Workwell Management a natural choice for many dentists looking to work well and live well.
- Leverage our conservative financial structure. As a private company, we are not pressured to make decisions that satisfy quarterly objectives and impatient investors. Our entire team is committed to a long-term vision based on positive cash-flow. We want to grow, but we want to grow the right way. This includes minimal debt and maximum flexibility. And, it includes a focus on acquiring practices that fit our culture and commitment to people from the start.